I can’t bear to be away from my art supplies when I travel, so I always assemble a portable studio to tote in my carry-on. I try include my favorite tools in the most space-economical way I can. The trickiest part is how to bring watercolor brushes without compromising their tips. Normally, I carry them in an old cosmetic bag, but that can results in bent or scruffy bristle issues. So, this time, I used part of a non-skid mat and some elastic to make a carrier.
Here’s what I put in my art travel kit:
- Pencils, a sharpener, and an eraser
- Mechanical pencils of different lead sizes
- Black pens with permanent ink in different tip sizes
- A few pens with colored ink
- Scotch Tape
- Mini-scissors (to get past security)
- Glue stick
- Travel watercolor kit
- A few brushes
- A trusty sketchbook or journal
Do you have any traveling-with-art tricks or tips?! Please share them with me!